How Green Tea Helps in Weight Loss
WHAT IS GREEN TEA?
Green tea is an invigorating drink with a pack of many health benefits and has gained instant popularity globally over the last few years. It is minimally processed and unoxidized. The tea plant of green tea is an evergreen of the Camellia family. The leaves of green tea are picked and immediately sent to be dried or steamed to prevent fermentation. Drinking green tea is a delicious and healthy way of keeping yourself hydrated as the main ingredient used to make green tea is water, obviously.
WHY GREEN TEA?
Green tea consists of antioxidants and nutrients called catechin which may help to protect your brain cells against the oxidative stress and burn calories. It is also known as a rich source of vitamin as the amount of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) in green tea is comparable to a lemon. The aroma of green tea makes you feel better when you are under the weather.
GREEN TEA FOR WEIGHT LOSS! DOES IT REALLY WORK?
Nobody likes to carry extra weight, right? So how can our body carry extra kilograms? Extra body weight, unwanted fats can wreak havoc with your life and lifestyle. Green tea can help to enhance the battle of weight loss in following ways :
- In order to lose weight or remain fit, the metabolism rate must be strong. Green tea packs a lot of power in its hot, flavored water and helps in elevating the rate of metabolism, increase fat oxidation and even improve insulin activity.
- Drinking green tea can help in curbing your appetite which results in less craving for food. Binge dieting? No! Green tea helps in remaining loyal towards my cravings.
- Pairing a cup of green tea with your daily course of exercise increases the endurance capacity of your body and helps in improving the rate of exercise due to the presence of caffeine. The journey of weight loss has become more easier and effective!
- Drinking green tea may boost the burning of calories through thermogenesis. Thermogenesis is the process by which your body burns calories to digest food and produce heat.
- The ingredient present in green tea hits the norepinephrine hormone and increases its level. This hormone is a warning to fat cells to breakdown and convert into energy, another reason to put the kettle on and get the shoes out.
PRO TIP : The preferable time to drink green tea is after a heavy meal. During that time the metabolism rate is higher, hence, green tea helps to upheave the efficiency of metabolism, which is the key to weight loss.
HOW TO BREW GREEN TEA?
There is something soothing and comforting about brewing a cup of tea perfectly. Brewing is the key to the taste of green tea. The preparation of green tea takes 4 easy steps :
- In an empty cup put 2.5 grams of tea leaves.
- Heat 200ml water to 75-80 degree Celsius and pour into the cup. Always remember, if the water is too hot it will overcook the leaves and ruin the taste of tea.
- Cover with a lid and let it steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain and serve.
For more information about the ideal brewing process of green tea, you can read up here.
Add this bright green colour to your daily tea ritual and sip to support those good intentions of staying healthy!